Minnesota builders and contractors must meet continuing education requirements to maintain their licenses. This legal requirement must be met to ensure the highest standards of professionalism and safety are being maintained in the state. If you need continuing education credits to renew your license, RocketCert can help. RocketCert offers a variety of Minnesota builder continuing education classes approved by the Minnesota Department of Labor and Industry.
Types of Courses You Should Take
RocketCert offers courses explicitly tailored to Minnesota builders and contractors, which cover topics such as;
- Business Practices – This course covers contracts, estimating, and liability. You’ll learn about your legal rights and responsibilities as a contractor in Minnesota and how to protect yourself from liability risks. You’ll also gain useful tips on maximizing your business’s efficiency.
- Building Code – This course covers the requirements of the Minnesota Building Code and the Minnesota Fire Prevention Code. The course will also teach you the latest innovations and construction techniques required to maintain your license.
- Safety and Risk Management – During this course, you will become familiar with the safety rules and regulations established by the Minnesota Department of Labor and Industry. You will learn how to identify and mitigate hazardous conditions in the workplace.
- Building Science – This course covers acoustics, indoor air quality, roof, and window design, foundation design, envelope optimization, materials and construction methods, green building technology, energy conservation measures, commissioning, and moisture control.
- Building Codes and Standards – The builder must stay informed about all building codes and standards that apply to their work. This includes making sure they comply with local, state, and federal safety regulations. The MN Builder Continuing Education course can help builders make sure they are up-to-date on all applicable building codes and standards.
- Construction Project Updates – Keeping up with the progress of a construction project is essential for builders, but it can be not easy to keep track of all the details and stay informed. With RocketCert, you can easily stay updated on the current construction projects in Minnesota without spending hours researching. Our platform provides a comprehensive list of construction projects being completed in the state and updates on any changes or delays that may occur.
- Accessibility Laws and Regulations – Minnesota has adopted some accessibility laws and regulations to ensure that all citizens can access buildings, public places, and services. This course will familiarize you with the accessibility laws and regulations in Minnesota, as well as best practices for ensuring your construction projects are compliant.
Passing Your Exams
After getting all the required continuing education credits, you’ll need to pass your exams on renewing your license. With RocketCert, you can take advantage of our comprehensive prep courses to help you get ready for your exams. Our courses are designed by experts in building codes, regulations, and construction best practices. With our study materials, you can easily learn the material in-depth and be prepared to pass your exams with flying colors.
Get Started Today
RocketCert makes it easy to meet your Minnesota builder continuing education requirements and easily renew your license. Our courses are approved by the Minnesota Department of Labor and Industry, so you can rest assured that your credits will count towards renewing your license. Get started today and get the continuing education credits you need to stay in business.
Sign up for a course now!