It is rightly said that your capabilities aren’t to be judged by anyone else until you let them do that. Jobs with ample packages are an inherited desire of humankind. We must be paid for the work we do by putting in our efforts and hard labor. Money is a necessity and a need for every individual to live a livelihood. Be it any job, salary is the very first thing which a job-seeking person would look into. Apart from salary, the very important thing which a person thinks of is the position he/she is holding in the job i.e. the job title.
- Negotiation Of Job Title
A job title is not just a mere title or position but it is attached to the role that is to be performed in the professional environment and it directly affects the rank and current position of an employee in a company for maintaining the organizational hierarchy.
It is very much important that a candidate is comfortable with the title the company is giving him and if he is not then he should make modifications and negotiations accordingly keeping in view the need to get this job. Bargaining cannot always help you but can also land you in trouble. That’s why it should be done when there is the right time like during the closing phase of the hiring and recruitment process of the candidates.
- Negotiating The Salary
Human worth cannot be measured but their labor is worthy enough for which they need to be paid off. Some people can directly ask for remuneration for the work they are doing and then there is the other group who develop a fear that if they ask for more salary or remuneration, they may be ousted from the company or lose their job.
The way a person handles his salary negotiation with a company will reflect his successful future in cracking more and more deals with great ease.
Important Tips For Negotiations
- The proper delivery of pitch is important: Preparation of pitch is very necessary to succeed and have an upper hand in interviews and in the company meetings too. A proper strategy should be made before attending the meeting. A candidate or an employee should be well prepared with the things he is going to ask his employers such as regarding the change of job title, increasing the salary, and how changing the job title would benefit the employer and the company.
- Use of ultimatum may not help: An employee must learn the basic work ethics in order to get a good position and also get chances to do the Negotiating at the cost of giving an ultimatum to one company by comparing with the other company won’t help the person to get a desired title or salary.
- Focus to be given on the task: Job satisfaction only comes when a person focuses more on getting the job rather than struggling with Having proper focus on the work would help the employee while negotiating. He won’t have to repeat it again and again to his employer. His proper management and honesty towards the company would grab the eyeballs of the CEO of the company which will automatically be beneficial for him.
- Honesty results in success: A candidate or an employee seeking an increase in the salary need not be dishonest about his current salary to his future employer. It may lead him to lose the potential chance to lose the job.
- Realistic approach: When it comes to getting a job with a good salary and getting a job of your choice with a low salary as per expectation, is where the conflict of mind begins. A candidate must be realistic in his approach while applying for a job or getting a good job offer. A direct increase of 20-30% or a heavy amount in a job is not possible. So, an employee must be well-balanced to deal with such cases and accordingly make decisions.
- Enthusiasm for the job offer: A candidate must show enthusiasm for the job offer he gets and he needs to work accordingly. If he has been selected by a company, he should be well prepared regarding his needs and requirements from the organization.
- Be prepared for their response: Forget and forgot doesn’t hold any place when you are accepting a job offer after going through the company’s terms and conditions. After performing his part, a candidate must understand and accordingly be prepared for any response coming from them. Before joining, he must express his desires regarding salary, allowances, compensation, and bonuses from the organization.
- A strong Resume would add a good point: A good and strong CV or resume is very important for an employee, seeking jobs. It adds value and also increases the chance of getting the job more often. But the problem is that one must understand how to make a proper resume. That’s why, various Resume writing services in India are being offered for the proper making of CVs and resumes for jobs and internships. If a candidate is facing problems while preparing their resume, they can take the help of the services. Resume Writing Services have been one of the fastest-growing industries in India.
- Your Value must be properly Valued: A candidate must learn his value and accordingly ask for increasing his salary or remuneration. He must consider the following factors while valuing his value: Geographical location, educational qualification, experience in that field of work, career level, other skills, licenses, and certifications.
- LinkedIn Profile Writing Services in India: For the last few years not only in India, but globally, LinkedIn has become a massively popular job-seeking platform, but it needs active users instead of dead or dormant ones. That’s why there are LinkedIn Profile writing services that update a user’s profile on
While applying for any job or accepting any job offer, a candidate must learn the basic procedure to negotiate the job offer and salary.