In business, branding is a key aspect of running a successful company. In addition to using your branding in marketing and for graphics, you can also use it for items such as branded apparel. Branded apparel can be used for shirts for employees or as items you sell to your customers such as t-shirts and hats. Custom apparel can serve many uses and make work easier for employees and more convenient for customers. Another useful type of customized product for your company are custom employee kits. Custom kits for your employees can be highly useful and here is a broader explanation of why that is
Advantages of Custom Employee Kits
Custom employee kits can be a very practical addition to your business and offer many advantages. While employee kits can be handed out at any time such as a yearly reward, perk, or just to show employees you care they typically see use when employees are first hired. Typically, this is because employee kits can make a notable positive impact when an employee starts. When you are training new employees a custom employee kit can be a key part of your training process and here are some advantages such kits provide for both you and your employees.
- Provide Support: an employee kit can provide useful information such as important contact information, standard operating procedures, and other information needed to do the job well. Providing information in this way saves training time while also providing your employees with vital information.
- Build Team Culture: your employee kit doesn’t have to just contain written work materials. It can also contain welcoming messages or welcoming gifts such as company shirts, mugs, pens, and other such materials. Even simple gestures such as this can improve your workplace culture as it makes the new hires feel supported and part of the team.
- Widen Your Training Process: training new hires is a time-consuming process and doing everything via classroom training or online tests is not always the most practical approach. Providing needed information in a welcome kit allows employees to self-train while also being supported. This can also speed up the overall process.
- Make The First Day Less Stressful: the first day on a new job can be a stressful event. A customized employee kit filled with useful information and gifts can make new hires feel more relaxed and not like they are in it alone. Everyone has been the new employee at some point and reminding others that they don’t have to be nervous can help new employees learn the job more effectively.
- Connect With Remote Workers: remote and hybrid work has become far more common in recent years. There are advantages to using hybrid options however one drawback can be workers feel more isolated and not part of the wider company culture. An employee kit helps bring them into the wider company culture and makes them feel less alone.
- Reduce Employee Turnover: training new employees is expensive, and you want to keep as many skilled employees as possible. An employee kit shows new employees that you appreciate them and are grateful for them coming to work for your company. Building a good connection early is very important as many employees leave a new job within the first six months. One of the key reasons for this is a bad onboarding process. Any steps you can take to help new employees feel more welcome can be the difference between someone who stays and someone who doesn’t last a year.
Employee kits are a practical addition to your company’s hiring process and can serve many vital roles in helping new employees become accustomed and comfortable with their new roles. This improves their work quality and increases the odds they stay in their new position.