As men age, their hair tends to become thinner, and they may experience baldness or receding hairlines. However, there are many hairstyles and haircuts that can help older men look stylish and confident despite thinning hair. In this article, we will discuss some of the best hairstyles for older men with thinning hair, as well as how hair systems can be used to cover bald spots.
Table of Contents
Sure, here are some popular men’s hairstyles for thinning hair that can work well for older men:
- Buzz cut or crew cut: These short haircuts can make thinning hair look fuller and more voluminous.
- Textured crop: This style features short hair on the sides and longer hair on top, with a textured, messy look. It can help create the illusion of thickness and volume.
- Side-parted comb-over: A classic style that can work well for older men with thinning hair. It can be adjusted to suit your hair type and face shape, and can add some volume to your hair.
- Slicked-back hairstyle: This timeless look can work well for older men with thinning hair, as it creates an illusion of thickness and volume.
- Caesar cut: This style features short hair all around, with a slightly longer fringe that is styled forward. It can be a great option for older men with receding hairlines.
Remember, these are just a few examples of men’s hairstyles for thinning hair, and there are many other options to consider based on your personal style and preferences.
For older men with more advanced hair loss or baldness, a hair system can be an excellent solution. Hair systems are customized hairpieces that are designed to cover bald spots or thinning hair. They are made from high-quality materials and can be matched to your natural hair color and texture.
There are many different types of hair systems available, including full wigs, partial wigs, and toupees. Full wigs are designed to cover the entire head, while partial wigs and toupees are designed to cover specific areas. Toupees, in particular, are a popular choice for men with bald spots on the top of their head.
Hair systems are easy to use and can be attached to your scalp using adhesives or clips. They are also comfortable to wear and can be styled just like your natural hair. With a hair system, you can enjoy a full head of hair again and feel confident and youthful.
As a hairstylist or barber, you may have older clients who are self-conscious about their thinning hair or receding hairline. Here are some tips to help your clients hide these issues:
- Use a matte-finish styling product: A matte-finish styling product can help make your client’s hair look thicker and more voluminous. Avoid using shiny products, which can draw attention to the scalp.
- Use a round brush: When blow-drying your client’s hair, use a round brush to create volume and lift. This will help make their hair look fuller and thicker.
- Try a shorter haircut: As mentioned earlier, shorter haircuts tend to work well for older men with thinning hair. A shorter cut can also help hide a receding hairline or bald spot.
- Use a hair system: If your client has more advanced hair loss, a hair system can be a great solution. Work with your client to find a hairpiece that matches their natural hair color and style.
Styling older men’s hair can be a bit different than styling younger men’s hair, as hair texture and thickness can change as men age. Here are some tips for styling older men’s hair:
- Keep it short: Short haircuts are generally easier to manage and can give a more polished, professional look. Plus, as hair thins out with age, shorter haircuts can help make hair look fuller.
- Embrace the natural look: Instead of trying to cover up gray hair or thinning hair, embrace it! There are many stylish haircuts that work well with gray or white hair, and a natural look can be quite flattering.
- Use the right products: As hair changes with age, it’s important to use products that are designed for your hair type. Look for products that are designed for thinning hair or that provide extra moisture for dry or brittle hair.
- Consider a classic style: Classic hairstyles like the side part, slick back, or crew cut can look great on older men. These styles are timeless and can give a sophisticated, polished look.
- Experiment with different styles: Just because you’re getting older doesn’t mean you can’t try out new hairstyles! Talk to your hairstylist about different cuts and styles that might work well for your hair type and face shape.
Ultimately, the best hairstyle for an older man will depend on his personal style, hair type, and lifestyle. It’s important to work with a stylist who understands your hair and can help you find a style that works for you.
Thinning hair and baldness are common issues for older men, but there are many hairstyles and hair systems available that can help them look and feel their best. Short haircuts, the side part, the Caesar cut, the comb over, the shaggy hairstyle, and the bald head are all great options to consider. Talk to your barber or stylist about which hairstyle is best for your hair type and personal style, and experiment with different styles until you find the look that works for you.