Are you thinking about visiting Ahmedabad any time soon? Well, it is one of the finest metropolitans that India has to offer when it comes to tourism. However, if you are planning to visit Ahmedabad then there are a few things that you need to keep in mind, especially when planning for your trip.
For starters, the first thing that you need to do is book hotels in Ahmedabad well beforehand since this is a very popular tourist destination. So, make sure that you get your booking in order and then move on with the rest of the planning for your trip. Here are a few guidelines that will help you to properly plan for your trip:
- Fix upon the duration of your trip since you will have to get all the bookings done according to that. There are a lot of things that you need to see when you are in Ahmedabad. So it is always safe to plan a trip to Ahmedabad for at least 2 or 3 nights. Do not make your trip shorter than this!
- The next thing that you need to do is a make list of the places that you want to visit when in the city. You can start your trip with a visit to the Gandhi Ashram at Sabarmati. It is located just a few kilometres away from the main area of the city and hence offers a serene respite to the senses. It is the place from Gandhi operated the freedom movement of India and lived there too for a long period of time. Apart from the Gandhi Ashram, you have the Kankaria Lake, the dadahari wav and many other temples and mosques of interest. So, check out all the places of interest in Ahmedabad and then make a list of the places that you wish to visit from them.
- The next thing that you need to remember that Ahmedabad is not conducive for tourists throughout the year. The best time of the year to visit Ahmedabad is between October- March. All the important festivals of Ahmedabad are held during this time of the year. You can catch Navaratri and dance to the beat of Garbha in October, in December you can enjoy the Kankaria Carnival at the Kankaria Lake and the Kite festival in January is a must! On top of that, the weather remains really pleasant for tourism during this time of the year.
- If you do decide to visit Ahmedabad in the winters, which is the peak tourist season then get your accommodations arranged in the Ahmedabad cheap hotels at least 3 months in advance.
- Ahmedabad is a city of street food. From the traditional dhoklas to the hearty thalis do not forget to try out the street food of this city. To avoid any water borne disease it is always safe to drink bottled mineral water throughout the trip.
Keep these 5 points in mind, since they will help you to plan and execute the perfect trip that you can enjoy in Ahmedabad!